2007年4月10日 星期二

Reflection of "The missing piece meets a big o"

One day a missing piece wanted someone to take it to somewhere. It tried to find someone who fits with it. Someone can roll but didn’t fit, and some fit but can not roll. It was waiting for someone who fits with it for a long time. Finally, one came along fit the missing piece. However, at a sudden the missing piece began to grow. They did not fit with the other anymore. The result made the missing piece much painful. It started a lonely trip again. One day, the missing piece met a big o. But the big o did not need any missing piece. The big o told the missing piece that why didn’t it roll by itself. The missing piece said it have sharp corner. And then the missing piece began to wonder the mean what the big o said. It started to lift, pull and flop itself. At the end, the missing piece became the same with the big o. It can roll by itself.


The story “The missing piece meets a big o” let me relate to friendship. In the world we will meet all kinds of people. In these people, we must meet someone who matches with us and other who can’t. As the story says “someone can roll but did not fit, and someone fit but can not roll.” It means that we have the same goal with someone but in different way to carry. There is a conflict between each other. Actually everyone is the missing piece. All of us hope to find the half to be fitted. However who do us to fit each other when everyone has the corner.

Why do we always want to change others so that we can match? We often forget to change ourselves instead to change the other people. Wear away the corner we have will make our life much easier.

2 則留言:

gina 提到...
作者已經移除這則留言。
gina 提到...

Hello Emma:
I am Gina. I finished reading your article, and I really identify with your reflection. But I found little mistakes in that and some sentences I can't realize.


In the line two of the second paragraph,” In these people” I think if change to “Among these people” would be better. How do you think about it? And in the beginning of the third paragraph, “Why do we always want to change others so that we can match?” There lack an object after “match”. I think the sentence change to “Why do we always want to change others to make us fit? That would be fine. And in the end of the third paragraph,” Wear away the corner we have will make our life much easier.” I am a little confused about this. I don’t know what the meaning in that. Can you tell me? Thank you very much!


These are some advice for to. I hope they will do you good. Although there are some problems in the article, I really feel it a good reflection to me.

By Gina